ProStaff Member: Michael Marbach
Occupation: Executive Director Christian Outdoor Alliance, President of COA Outfitters
Hunting/Game Management/Ranch Management Experience:
I grew up hunting the hill country and south Texas plains. Because of these experiences I want to share my passion. As the Executive Director of the Christian Outdoor Alliance I helped implement a summer camp program for children to learn about the outdoors. We also host over 30 parent / child youth hunts each year on the ranches that we outfit. We also manage and operate properties for commercial hunting, fishing, camping, photography, and retreats. This has allowed us to open up opportunities for children and adults that might not have the opportunity to see the wonders of God's creation. Each year we host hundreds of individuals on our outfitted hunts. The money earned from these events goes right back into our program so that we can take more kids out on a Texas adventure. As the founder of the non-profit organization Christian Outdoor Alliance our goal is to teach and share the resources that have been entrusted to us so that the future of our outdoors heritage can be passed on for many generations to come.
- Bachelor of Communications in Journalism from Tarleton State University, 1991
- Masters of Communications in Journalism from West Texas A&M University, 1993
- Member of TTHA (Texas Trophy Hunters Association)
- Member of TOWA (Texas Outdoor Writers Association)
- Member of the NRA (National Rifle Assocaition)
- Member of GHCOF (Greater Houston Christian Outdoor Fellowship)
- Member of KOZ (Kids Outdoor Zone)
- Member of the Boone and Crockett Club
- Mossy Oak Pro Staff
- Maximum Outdoors Pro Staff
- Texas Outdoor Writers Association Scholarship Recipient
- Texas Intercollegiate Press Association Award for Sports ColumnTarleton State University Award for Journalism Excellence
- Record Book Elk Netting 383 6/8, Colorado, 1991
Television or Print Media Experiences or Appearances:
- Columnist for Texas Trophy Hunters Association
- Columnist for Maximum Outdoors
- Columnist for Country Line Magazine
- Filmed Mossy Oak shows on Whitetail and Turkey
- Filmed Texas Trophy Hunters shows on Whitetail and COA Summer Camps
- Filmed American Hunter shows on predators
- Filmed Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World shows on Whitetail and Youth Rattling Contest
- Filmed Strong Built's World of Hunting shows on Whitetail
- Filmed Living The Hunt shows on Whitetail and COA Summer Camps
- Filmed Peterson Outdoors Television show on Whitetails
What was it that got you into hunting?
I grew up hunting with my father and grandfather. We had a family farm in Comal County and hunting leases in South Texas. Hunting and fishing were weekly activities for me as a child and young adult. The outdoors stuck with me and I have spent my entire adult life teaching others. I felt the outdoors and the relationships built from these experiences were powerful and I wanted to share that with as many folks as possible.
Family Information: I have been married for 15 years to Amy who is a Registered Nurse and is currently working as the school nurse were my two boys Michael Dean 10 and Wesley 6 attend. We have lived in New Braunfels for the past 10 years.
Preferred Game Animal: Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Exotics, Doves
Preferred Weapon Type: Rifle, shotgun and bow
Thoughts to Share:
My father went to the first ever meeting for the Texas Trophy Hunters Hotline. From that point forward I read from cover to cover the Journal. It has been a part of my entire life and it is an honor and privilege to serve as a Pro Staffer for TTHA.