ProStaff Member: David Morton
Occupation: APAC-Texas, Inc. (Quality Control Manager)
Hunting/Game Management/Ranch Management Experience:
30 year hunting / 10 years game and ranch management in East Texas
- Level 1A Plant Operations Specialist
- Level 1B Roadway Specialist
- Level II Quality Management and Mix Design Specialist
- HVAC Certification
- Member of the Texas Trophy Hunters Association (TTHA)
- Member of the Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA)
- Member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Member of the American Bee Journal (ABJ)
- Member of the Texas Asphalt Pavement Association (TXAPA)
- Lifetime Member: Texas Deer Association
- 2007-2008 Texas Big Game Award for Typical Whitetail Deer in Region 5
- 2007-2008 Texas Big Game Award Ranch Recognition in Region 5 Henderson County
- 2005 National Asphalt Pavement Association Award for Non-Typical Pavements
- 2005 Chairman’s Award from Ashland Incorporated
Television or Print Media Experiences or Appearances:
- Ashland Source magazine publication Summer 2005 – High Performance Thinking
- Texas Asphalt magazine publication Spring 2006 – TXAPA Members Receive National Award
- Texas Asphalt magazine publication Summer 2007- IH-635 Garners TXDOT/TXAPA and NAPA Honors
- Texas Asphalt magazine publication Fall 2009 – The Dallas Cowboys go Green with Warm Mix Asphalt
What was it that got you into hunting?
My Dad! I remember my dad taking both me and my brother hunting when I was eight years old. We didn’t use tree stands, food plots, or feeders back then we just climbed in some old oak tree and waited. I was with my dad when I shot my first buck, I was ten and I can recall every detail like it happen yesterday. After that season I couldn’t wait until the next season to come.
Family Information: I’m married to my wonderful wife Amy and we have three boys Kyle, Travis, and Miles. Kyle has ready killed three bucks and one doe and Travis has one buck so far. Miles is only six months old but he likes watching hunting videos and football.
Preferred Game Animal: Whitetail Deer, Varmints/Predators
Preferred Weapon Type: Rifle and Bow
Thoughts to Share:
I’m looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with the other Field Pro Staff members and excited to be part of this team. TTHA is an awesome organization and I’m thrilled to have this opportunity! Remember safety comes first then the hunt!