Texas Trophy Hunters Association (TTHA) is proud to announce the continuation of the much acclaimed Youth Essay Contest in 2011. Youths, ages 10-17, are encouraged to write a 500 word essay answering the question:
“How can hunting be more positively presented in schools?”
For over 35 years, TTHA has served the outdoor community by promoting and protecting our hunting heritage. The TTHA Youth Essay Contest provides an opportunity for the younger members of our community to voice their ideas, concerns and opinions about the tradition of hunting with respect to the given topic.
Essays will be judged and scored by a TTHA selected panel. The top ten scoring entries will be awarded a 1-year membership in TTHA. The first place winner will also win a FREE Whitetail buck hunt in the Texas Hill Country with their winning essay and the story of their hunt featured in The Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters. The hunt will take place during the 2011-2012 hunting season at the R Diamond Ranch near Fredericksburg, Texas. Food and lodging will be provided. The winner of the hunt will be responsible for transportation, processing and/or taxidermy.
Contest rules are as follows:
- Contest open only to youths age 10 to 17.
- Participants must have successfully completed an accredited hunter education course and possess a current hunting license.
- Entries must be no more than 500 words and include name (first, middle initial, last), mailing address including zip code, email address, phone number, date, city and state where hunter education course was completed, hunting license number and state of issue, age and date of birth.
- Essays must be typed in MicroSoft Word®.
- Only one (1) entry per person and all essays become the property of TTHA.
- One (1) winner will be determined and a youth may win the TTHA Youth Essay Contest only once.
- All entries must be postmarked by June 15, 2011 and may be emailed to TTHAnews@ttha.com or mailed to:
Youth Essay Contest - Texas Trophy Hunters Association
326 Sterling Browning Rd., Ste 101
San Antonio, TX 78232
CONTEST DISCLAIMER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. To enter the TEXAS TROPHY HUNTERS ASSOCIATION (TTHA) 2011 Youth Essay Contest, youths age 10 to 17 must submit a 500 word essay between April 1, 2011 and June 15, 2011. Essays may be emailed to TTHAnews@ttha.com or mailed to TTHA Attn: Youth Essay Contest, 326 Sterling Browning Rd, Suite 103, San Antonio, Texas 78232. Entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and between the ages of 10 and 17 as of April 1, 2011. Void where prohibited. Limit one entry per person. Employees of TEXAS TROPHY HUNTERS ASSOCIATION and/or R Diamond Ranch (“Sponsor”) affiliates and their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. The deadline to enter is 1:00 pm CST, June 15, 2011 and all entries must be received by that date. The final winner will be announced at the 2011 Hunters Extravaganza®. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be awarded a weekend guided whitetail hunt at R Diamond Ranch in Willow City, Texas. The prize includes the hunt for 1 (one) mature whitetail buck with meals and lodging included. The hunt will take place at an agreed time arranged with the outfitter during open dates in the fall season of 2011 and is non-transferable. Taxidermy, meat processing, transportation of game and transportation to and from Willow City, Texas are not included. The winner must be available to hunt during the 2011-2012 hunting season. This hunt is co-sponsored by TTHA and R Diamond Ranch (www.Rabkes.com; 830.685.3266). Previous winners and additional essays can be found on www.ttha.com.